Exam name – SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer Exam -or-
SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
• Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
• Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
• Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Release Train Engineer course .
• Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
• Number of questions – 60
• Passing score – RTE5 exam = 44 out of 60 (73%) – RTE5 exam = 45 out of 60 (75%)
• Language – English
• Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
• Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
• Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
• Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
• Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
• Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
What you get
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
• Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer PDF certificate
• Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
• One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
• Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
• A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey